Death by Mobile App

I came across an article about an interesting mobile app this week called Death by Car and Murder.  It is the kind of mobile application I have long wanted and even written about.  A mobile application that augments my reality by telling me what is around me, plus what has happened in history around me.  I want an application that tells me if I am in a reasonably safe neighborhood, or am I just asking to be the next crime statistic.

Wouldn't it be interesting to know if the neighborhood you are walking in has a high crime rate (and what kind of crimes), or if the road you travel is higher than others in traffic fatalities?  I would like to instantly see the "safest routes" to walk and drive.

I would like a geo-spatially aware walking encyclopedia that would augment my reality with useful information that I can select and configure.  Today, it seems we are limited mostly to local businesses or tourist landmarks.  I want to know the demographics, history, statistics, behaviors and trends of the people sitting around me in an outdoor cafe.

I would also like to better understand the environment around me.  If I am in a new neighborhood, tell me the history of the community and the economic and business statistics.

We all have unique interests, limited time, limited resources and are mortal.  Wouldn't it be interesting if we could use knowledge about our surroundings and environment to better manage our experiences?  I know this might not seem at first romantic or adventuresome, but it could be.  It might also provide a statistically safer life that better aligns with our interests.

What do you think?







Upcoming Events

Field Mobility 2011 - October 25 - 27, 2011
Enterprise Mobility Exchange - November 2 - 3, 2011

Whitepapers of Note

The Business Benefits of Mobile Adoption with SAP Systems
ClickSoftware Mobility Suite and Sybase Mobility Solution
Mobile Adoption Among Gas and Electric Utilities
Mobile Adoption in Life Sciences
Mobile Adoption in Oil and Gas
Networked Field Services

Recorded Webinars of Note

3 Critical Considerations for Embracing Mobile CRM
The Future of Enterprise Mobility
Healthrageous Mobility Case Study
The Latest m-Business Trends and How the Onslaught of Mobile Devices Affects Development Strategies
The Real-Time Mobile Enterprise:  The Benefits of Rapid, Easy Access
Syclo and SAP Deliver Mobile Apps on Sybase Unwired Platform

Ruggedized and Industrial Mobile Device Articles

Consumer Smartphones or Industrial Smartphones?

*************************************************************
Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile and M2M Industry Analyst, SAP Mentor Volunteer
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...